132kV Substation connection to SSE
Scope – Project manage, install, build and commission
The generation site consists of a 50 MW Solar Farm fed by overhead line to the SSE network.
We had been appointed to act as on-site project manager with a heavy focus on achieving completion of the project within the tight 3-month time before ROC changes came in. Along with the management of procurement, installation and commissioning works, all of which had been complete within our remit of the scope, we also acted as PC on behalf of our client for the duration of the works managing the civils and our in-house electrical works.
The project was completed on time and to the satisfaction of all duty holders including the local DNO.
Description and overview of works – Installation, build and commissioning
- Protection panel build and on-site manufacture
- HV & EHV cable jointing and terminations (specialist manufacture terminations included)
- Multicore & telecontrol cable installation termination & testing
- LV lighting, power and heating installations
- Plant and equipment installations
- Problem solving, protection design reviews and settings configurations/ implementations
- Final onsite testing and commissioning of plant and protection schemes with final completion to energisation