11kV Substation builds to private network
Scope – Project Manage, Install, build and commission
The project consists of a 13MW feed via a 11kV 2 transformer site with 2 x dedicated cable routes, offering a firm 13MW supply fed from a private network 132kV substation.
We had been appointed to act as the main contractor on site dealing with the management, programming and delivery of the project. The PC role was undertaken by others.
Description and overview of works – Installation, build and commissioning
- Cable route installation (excavation, installation and reinstatement of cable route)
- Internal cable route containment installation
- Supplementary bonding of all containment
- Cable installation with route jointing and testing
- Cable jointing and terminations (specialist manufacture terminations included) – handing over completed test forms and installation records to network operator.
- Cable testing to network owners testing requirements and specifications